Decoding the Bass Guitar – Bass Guitar Theory

Decoding the Bass Guitar - Bass Guitar TheoryShop Now The first time I ever picked up a bass guitar, a big grin slid instantly across my face… I’m sure you can probably relate to that feeling – just loving that deep, rich tone of a great sounding bass.


Now, to be fair, I already knew how to play guitar fairly well, so I at least knew where the notes were… but most of the songs I played ended up sounding remarkably the same.



I honestly remember being surprised that I couldn’t play the bass well, considering I knew how to play guitar already! I figured it should be easy as falling off a log…


Shortly after, someone showed me the octave trick, but it wasn’t until I really dug in and started to understand the theory that my bass playing really took off.


In fact, classical music theory is so boring I’d rather watch paint dry in the middle of a snowstorm!


Terms like “hemidemisemiquaver” and “quindicesima bassa” just about make my eyes jump out of my head! (and yes – those are real terms… you can look them up if you don’t believe me!)


And this is exactly why music theory has gotten such a… Read more…




Share on G+

Leave a Reply